In 2012 and 2013 , I taught a summer school program for grade 7 and 8 students. It was a technology, math, and literacy program. I had 23 students in my class that were eager to use technology, but truthfully, not so keen on spending two weeks of their summer in a classroom. I knew right off the bat that in order to engage these students, I would really have to use programs of interest. Fortunately, the board provided MANY resources to help do so. One program that really stood out is seen below. I was reminded of this program while browsing math tools for students.
One of the Reflex Math programs that engaged students
*Reflex Math: This program is built to help students develop instant recall of basic math facts. It is unique because it uses several fun, interactive games for students to "play" while building their math facts. It continuously monitors each users scores and results in their games and individualizes what will come next. I, the teacher, was able to monitor student progress for each student to see how far they've come.
No comments:
Post a Comment