I chose to post this assignment to my blog in an attempt to demonstrate the importance I see in using technology in the classroom. The course I am enrolled in is an online course. What better way to submit my assignment than on a blog? It welcomes feedback from other professionals. It is also a demonstration of how teachers could post rubrics for assignments in a classroom blog perhaps, and allow students to submit electronically as well. It makes for an easy submission and, of course, less paper piled up on my desk to take home and grade! It can be accessed ANYWHERE! For both students and teachers, the advantages to using an online forum to assign and submit projects are evident.
Sunday, 14 October 2012
Electronic Submissions - Using Computers for Assignments
I have recently been enrolled in an Additional Qualification course called "Computers in the Classroom". I signed up for the course because of my passion for incorporating technology into daily lessons, learning tasks, and projects. My first assignment for the course was to create a generic rubric that could be used to review and evaluate curriculum based educational software. I was motivated to complete this assignment because of the many educational programs I was fortunate enough to use with students while teaching summer school in a blended learning environment. I chose criteria that was important to me as a teacher to have in a program that I would be willing to use in the classroom.
I chose to post this assignment to my blog in an attempt to demonstrate the importance I see in using technology in the classroom. The course I am enrolled in is an online course. What better way to submit my assignment than on a blog? It welcomes feedback from other professionals. It is also a demonstration of how teachers could post rubrics for assignments in a classroom blog perhaps, and allow students to submit electronically as well. It makes for an easy submission and, of course, less paper piled up on my desk to take home and grade! It can be accessed ANYWHERE! For both students and teachers, the advantages to using an online forum to assign and submit projects are evident.
I chose to post this assignment to my blog in an attempt to demonstrate the importance I see in using technology in the classroom. The course I am enrolled in is an online course. What better way to submit my assignment than on a blog? It welcomes feedback from other professionals. It is also a demonstration of how teachers could post rubrics for assignments in a classroom blog perhaps, and allow students to submit electronically as well. It makes for an easy submission and, of course, less paper piled up on my desk to take home and grade! It can be accessed ANYWHERE! For both students and teachers, the advantages to using an online forum to assign and submit projects are evident.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment