Hello to the world of online educators and teacher candidates!
It has been a while since I had inspiration to blog! During my 2nd teaching block in a grade 8 classroom, my life revolved around exploring tools and developing unique lesson plans to engage the learners. I was able to craft a hands-on language unit following Ontario Curriculum expectations on persuasive writing. Instead of "boring" (in the eyes of my students) writing tasks, students explored the art of persuasion in the media and were able to create their own commercials using techniques they have found to persuade them, and finally wrote an essay trying to persuade myself and my associate teacher on the topic of their choice. Without going too much into detail, it became extremely obvious to me that integrating relevant issues and media to a unit and allowing space for student choice truly makes a difference in the depth of learning that goes on.
I am motivated to continue my passion for teaching and learning as I am actively seeking employment in various boards in Ontario and Alberta!
Until next time..
![]() |
| From my grade 8 students at St. Augustine School in Dundas, Ontario |

No comments:
Post a Comment