Sunday, 12 February 2012

Ontario College of Teachers - Professional Advisory

As I mentioned in my first blog, I was intimidated by all of the different social media sites and overwhelmed with the possibilities of using these sites as tools in the classroom. I am almost finished the technology course that introduced me to blogger, twitter, sliderocket, google+, pearltrees (the list goes on and on). I am now confident that integrating technology into the classroom has many benefits.

I am aware that educating students about social media and how to use it in a constructive way both in and outside of the classroom, is a relatable and valuable lesson. I think using technology in the classroom (for example, a classroom blog), is a unique way for students to share what they've learned. Not only will students be engaged, but also parents can be aware of classroom content.

Although there are many benefits to the integration of technology, I also am very aware of the potential for issues to arise. I recently watched a video that serves as a reminder about keeping the use of technology with your students professional in nature. I am confident that my education will allow me to use technology with my students in the most positive way possible.

For those who are interested, the video is below!

A special thanks to OCT for posting this video on youtube!

No comments:

Post a Comment